The ICH BIN EXPAT Virtual Conference is a 4-day educational and networking event for the German speaking Expat Community in the US. The event will attract expats and companies who hire them as well as relocation and global mobility professionals across the US. We will also promote the conference in Germany, Austria and Switzerland to those planning to relocate.
After 3 successful Live Events, we are excited to host the first Virtual Version which gives us the opportunity to reach and support expats across the US.
Are you a company, service provider, coach, or speaker interested in sharing your expertise and gaining exposure with our audience?
Here are our main tracks and a few topic ideas for your inspiration:
Arbeit / Work
- Leading multi-cultural teams
- Intercultural Development
- Executive Coaching Topics
- Furthering your Career from the Home Office
- US vs German Resume
- Interview Process / Working with head hunters
- Personal Branding
- Advancing your career as an Expat partner
- Starting your own portable company as an Expat partner
- Financial Planning
- Credit History
- “Kindergeld” while abroad
- Taxes, Inheritance etc…
Family, Education, Multilingualism
- School system in the US
- Re-integrating in the school system back home
- Supporting multi-lingualism, Third Culture Kids
- Spouse Support, Relationships
- Expat Coaching Topics
- Studying in Germany
Moving Back Home
- Reverse Culture Shock
- Preparing Kids for transition
- Career opportunities
- Re-entering the job market, health care system etc..
This year we are opening up the field and conduct an official call for proposals. If you would like to contribute content and gain exposure within our highly defined audience of German speaking Expats in the US, please submit your topic idea online.
As space is limited we reserve the right to make the final decision if we can offer you a workshop or talk.
Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2021
- A portion of the conference content will be pre-recorded as presentation or interview.
- Every day we will have 2-3 live presentations or workshops
- Pre-recordings can be from 20-40 minutes long
- Live workshops should be 45 – 60 minutes
- Selected speakers agree to co-promote the event through their channels and can also sign up as affiliate partners.